‘Make Tamil an official language’
- National Herald case: Supreme Court orders Sonia, Rahul Gandhi to face trial
- 26/11 Mumbai attackers were getting directions from control room in Karachi, admits Headley
- Anti-India acts cannot be tolerated, say Rajnath, Smriti on JNU row
- 26/11 deposition: Sparks fly after Headley repeats Ishrat-LeT link
- Gravitational waves: A leap towards theory of everything
Three Tamil Nadu MPs — M Thambidurai of the AIADMK, T K S Elangovan of the DMK and Thol Thirumaavalavan of the VCK — Sunday made a strong pitch for making Tamil one of India's official languages and opposed any move to "impose Hindi" on the country.
"Our language must be respected and Parliament must enact a law to make ours an official language. The status of official language must be given to Tamil, Malayalam, Odiya, Bengali and all other languages of the country," said Thambidurai.