This season, 11 tested positive for swine flu, 4 from city
- Udta Punjab hearing LIVE: All this is giving unnecessary publicity to the film, Court tells CBFC
- Ensure your territory is not used to plan attacks in India, US tells Pakistan
- Indian woman, working for Aga Khan foundation, abducted in Afghanistan
- Punjab's war on drugs: Untold toll, one death in custody every four days
- Mexico gives its nod, but China still in the way of India’s entry into elite NSG club
Around 11 people have so far tested positive for swine flu, of whom, four are from the city while the remaining cases are from the neighbouring states of Punjab and Haryana. All the cases from Chandigarh had been quarantined and have recovered.
Meanwhile, in an attempt to further strengthen surveillance, a meeting of public health experts from PGIMER, GMCH-32 and GMSH-16 was convened in the office of assistant director, malaria under the chairmanship of the health services director on Tuesday.
The sample collection facility for H1N1 influenza A is available in all government hospitals: PGIMER, GMCH-32, GMSH-16 while private hospitals like INSCOL, MUKAT and Chaitanya also have the facility. PGIMER is the apex referral lab for the testing of H1N1 and Tamiflu, the prescribed medicine, is available at the state headquarters, UT-Chandigarh.
Play it safe
Cover mouth and nose with handkerchief while coughing and sneezing.
Eat healthy diet, fresh fruits and vegetables.
Personal hygiene particularly washing hands is vital.
In case of symptoms like high fever, difficulty in breathing and cough, refrain from self-medication and consult a doctor.
- PM Modi’s US visit has highlighted a new sense of purpose between New Delhi and Washington
- Lack of an economic agenda has limited the scope of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation
- Sulabha Deshpande was a part of a unique moment in Indian and Marathi culture
- Mohammad Ali, the Spartacus of America
- Art and culture are going through a right-wing phase
- Sporting facets have taken a backseat for a berth in the Rio Olympics