Paul McCartney makes cancer-stricken fan wish come true
- No permission for Gujarat roadshow: Arvind Kejriwal released after brief detention
- RJD, Congress agree on seat-sharing deal for Bihar
- Supreme Court takes suo motu cognisance of ink attack on Subrata Roy
- Rahul slams BJP, says party wants to vest power in one person
- Sheila Dikshit appointed Kerala Governor; Congress-RJD pact likely today
Beatles legend Paul McCartney made a lifelong dream come true for a cancer-stricken fan by calling her when she was admitted in the hospital.
McCartney called the terminally ill woman, who had left city government to become a top official at the MTA, to fulfil her life-long dream, reported the New York daily News.
Susan Kupferman and McCartney's wife, former MTA board member Nancy Shevell, were friends.
"I wasn't on the call but I'm telling you, Paul called. He is a great guy," said mayor Bloomberg.
Kupferman, 54, was in the final stages of cancer and died on June 26.