‘Academic pressure’ forces teen to commit suicide
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Unethical, betrayal: Prime Minister Manmohan Singhâs daughter voices family anger
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says âtoffeeâ has caught his fancy after âballoonâ
Soham Sanas (13), a class-VII student of P S Deshmukh English-Medium School, allegedly committed suicide by jumping into Bhatsa river at Shahapur in Thane Thursday, police said.
His suicide note said he was taking the step due to academic pressure. Shahapur Police said Soham's school bag was found hanging at the entrance to his house Thursday afternoon but he was nowhere to be seen.
When Soham did not return home till late evening, his mother informed his father and uncle. They found the suicide note and called police. The note to his parents read: "Tumhi mala changle shikavle, pan mee aata thaklo. Mee aata hey jag sodun jaato, tumhi naraaz hou naka. (you have taught me well, but I am tired of studying now. I am leaving this world, please don't be angry.)"
"The boy's body was found at 11 am Friday. We are probing why the boy took such a drastic step," a police officer said.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties