‘Academic pressure’ forces teen to commit suicide
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Soham Sanas (13), a class-VII student of P S Deshmukh English-Medium School, allegedly committed suicide by jumping into Bhatsa river at Shahapur in Thane Thursday, police said.
His suicide note said he was taking the step due to academic pressure. Shahapur Police said Soham's school bag was found hanging at the entrance to his house Thursday afternoon but he was nowhere to be seen.
When Soham did not return home till late evening, his mother informed his father and uncle. They found the suicide note and called police. The note to his parents read: "Tumhi mala changle shikavle, pan mee aata thaklo. Mee aata hey jag sodun jaato, tumhi naraaz hou naka. (you have taught me well, but I am tired of studying now. I am leaving this world, please don't be angry.)"
"The boy's body was found at 11 am Friday. We are probing why the boy took such a drastic step," a police officer said.
- LIVE: Arvind Kejriwal targets Reliance Industries
- Sonia named Chairperson of Congress Campaign panel for LS polls, Rahul ViceÂ Chairman
- My heart bleeds to see what is happening in the House: ManmohanÂ Singh
- US free to interact with Modi, but must apply standards consistent with its policy on human rights:Â Khurshid