Delhi gangrape: 'African woman pushed Rwandan into rapistsí car'
- Delhi High Court raps MCD for strike, says common people are suffering
- Delhi air will never be safe because of its geographical disadvantage: Panel tells High Court
- Tanzanian student targeted because she was black, says envoy
- Supreme Court tells BCCI: Fall in line, Lodha panel report deserves respect
- Adarsh scam: CBI gets Maha Governor's nod to prosecute Ashok Chavan
An African woman allegedly "helped" a man and his three friends abduct, gangrape and rob a 25-year-old Rwandan refugee on December 1 in North Delhi's Timarpur area, police said.
Police sources said the other woman did so to escape the main accused, who was initially targeting her at a market in Gandhi Vihar.
The victim, who has applied for refugee status in India, told police that she was returning home from the Gandhi Vihar market around 7.30 pm when a visibly drunk man alighted from a Santro and approached another African woman near by.
"I was standing behind that woman. Suddenly, she pushed me into the car and the man inside the vehicle pulled me in," she told police.
Police said the men gagged and took her to Shyam Ghat in Jagatpur of North Delhi. On the way, the duo picked up two of their friends, who were waiting on a bike.
The woman alleged that the men gangraped her in the car, pulled her out of the vehicle and raped her again at a secluded place on the Yamuna bank.
"They bundled the woman back in the car and dumped her half-a-kilometre away from her residence. They took away her cellphone and purse," the officer said.
She and her brother arrived in India in July and were staying in Malviya Nagar before shifting to North Delhi. Her brother, who works night shifts, was out and she didn't have her phone to contact him.
Police said a neighbour took her to the police station. The woman alleged that the on-duty officer at the station refused to file an FIR, saying "a case will be registered only after investigations".
On December 3, an NGO took up the woman's case and a medical examination confirmed rape.
- No proof required: MGNREGA does not help poor
- Male-dominated ‘places of worship’ are places where god doesn’t reside
- As Sushma visits Lanka, India should invest its diplomatic capital in finding constitutional solution
- There is talk of 4th industrial revolution. How about spreading the benefits of the preceding three
- It Made China See Red
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2