ĎAt least give me a chance to fail in Testsí
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Third FIR against Giriraj Singh; Muslims should not be afraid of BJP, says Joshi
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL spot fixing: Do you want to probe charges against Srinivasan? SC asks Justice Mudgal panel
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs SRH: Can SRH bowlers put brakes on KXIP batsmen?
Are you confident of succeeding if given a chance in the Test team?
I'm confident. I have six-seven years of international cricket experience now, so I understand the pressure of playing at that stage. I have been regularly scoring for Mumbai in the Ranji circuit. I am very attuned with playing 200-250 balls in one innings. If I can make the most of the extensive experience I've gained from playing both international and domestic cricket, then it should hold me in good stead.
How did you deal with the major slump in form you suffered during the ODI series in Sri Lanka a couple of months ago?
I called Sachin (Tendulkar) and spoke to him. He said that technically I didn't have any problem except that my leg was coming down from the direction of the covers instead of mid-off.
And as a result, I was getting locked up in my stance while playing any shot. Sachin also comforted me by recalling the many slumps he's suffered during his long career. He insisted that I keep enjoying my cricket. In Sri Lanka I was frustrated as though I was doing everything right the results weren't going my way. Coach (Duncan) Fletcher told me that these low scores can't make me a bad player. The problem was that I had never seen such a slump earlier in my life. Twice I got out on zero.
What is your philosophy about difficult times?
I don't want my bad times to go away so easily. I know that the good times will follow and I'm just waiting for them. Cricket is all about self-belief. People will say I'm lazy, and that I have too much of an attitude problem. If that is the case then I would like them to point out any time I've misfielded or dropped a catch.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready