‘Bad boys’ Marsh, Pomersbach back in favour for Australia cricket duty
- SC stays Teesta Setalvad's arrest till Friday
- Arvind Kejriwal meets PM Modi, raises issue of statehood
- We moved from politics of agitation to politics of hope, says Yogendra Yadav
- After Modi's rap, BJP workers shelve NaMo temple project in Rajkot
- Nitish parades his numbers, Bihar Governor calls Manjhi for floor test
Till a few months ago the international cricket careers of party boys and best friends Shaun Marsh and Luke Pomersbach looked dead and buried.
But now after enjoying rip-roaring form and success for the Perth Scorchers and the Brisbane Heat in Cricket Australia's Twenty20 Big Bash League (BBL) respectively, both Marsh and Pomersbach are in line for national recalls.
The Australian selectors are tipped to name a T20 squad on Monday for the matches against Sri Lanka to be played at the ANZ Stadium on January 26 and the MCG two days later. And, according to the Sydney Morning Herald, Test and one-day captain Michael Clarke says both Marsh and Pomersbach deserve to be in contention after cleaning up their acts. Clarke feels both have made the most of their opportunities, and have been courageous in their comeback bids. He sees no reason why the two can't make it to the national squad.