‘Big trade scope for Gujarat and Saudi Arabia’
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
Jeddah-based business consultant and a non-resident Gujarati Shabbir Patel, who has come to attend the Vibrant Gujarat global business summit here, said that "there is big opportunity for trade between Gujarat and Saudi Arabia".
Hailing from Junagadh, 58-year-old Patel has been working in Saudi Arabia for over three decades. He is among three NRGs being conferred the "Distinguished NRI Award" by the Vishwa Gujarat Samaj.
Stating that Saudi market is highly competitive because of access of businessmen from all over the globe, Patel said, "Indian companies generally fail in proper presentation of their products." Saudi Arabia is among the few Muslim countries having agreed to send their business and trade delegations to Gujarat business summit.