'Chashme Baddoor' collects Rs 19 cr in opening weekend
- Disquiet in BJP as M M Joshi, Sushma raise questions over selected candidates and seat sharing
- Nandan Nilekani, Mohammad Kaif in Congressâs first list for 194 seats
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Naidu
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Kejriwal joins list of VIPs with âZâ category security
Director David Dhawan's comeback movie Chashme Baddoor has kicked off to a good start at the box office.
The movie has youngsters Ali Zafar, Siddharth, Divyendu Sharma Siddharth and marks the Bollywood debut of southern actress Taapsee.
The movie, which is the official remake of the 1983 film of the same name directed by Sai Paranjpaee, earned Rs 19 crore in its opening weekend.
Trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted the figures. "#ChashmeBaddoor collected approx Rs 19.20 cr nett in its opening weekend. Breakup: Fri 5.18 cr, Sat 6.27 cr, Sun *estimates* 7.75 cr. Fab!"
He also wrote: "#ChashmeBaddoor passes 'Monday test'. Getting reports from various circuits that Mon has begun on a super note. Better than Fri morn shows!"
The movie managed to collect Rs 5 crore on the opening day and since then has seen an upswing in the collection.
"#ChashmeBaddoor *actuals* Fri 5.18 cr, Sat 6.27. Total: Rs 11.45 cr. Excellent!," Taran Adarsh tweeted earlier.
Chashme Baddoor, produced by Viacom 18 Motion Pictures, has been reportedly made at a budget of Rs.17 crore .
Besides ali Zafar, Divyendu, Tapsee and Sidharth, the new Chashme Baddoor also has Rishi Kapoor and Lillette Dubey.