'Chashme Baddoor' collects Rs 19 cr in opening weekend
- Muslim women beaten up in Madhya Pradesh over beef rumours
- Harish Rawat confirms Chinese incursion in Uttarakhand's Chamoli district
- GST Bill: Uncertainty continues as States don’t agree on rate
- Cow was killed by lion, not Dalit men flogged by gau rakshaks: CID
- How Governor Raghuram Rajan had his way on venue for RBI interviews
Director David Dhawan's comeback movie Chashme Baddoor has kicked off to a good start at the box office.
The movie has youngsters Ali Zafar, Siddharth, Divyendu Sharma Siddharth and marks the Bollywood debut of southern actress Taapsee.
The movie, which is the official remake of the 1983 film of the same name directed by Sai Paranjpaee, earned Rs 19 crore in its opening weekend.
Trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted the figures. "#ChashmeBaddoor collected approx Rs 19.20 cr nett in its opening weekend. Breakup: Fri 5.18 cr, Sat 6.27 cr, Sun *estimates* 7.75 cr. Fab!"
He also wrote: "#ChashmeBaddoor passes 'Monday test'. Getting reports from various circuits that Mon has begun on a super note. Better than Fri morn shows!"
The movie managed to collect Rs 5 crore on the opening day and since then has seen an upswing in the collection.
"#ChashmeBaddoor *actuals* Fri 5.18 cr, Sat 6.27. Total: Rs 11.45 cr. Excellent!," Taran Adarsh tweeted earlier.
Chashme Baddoor, produced by Viacom 18 Motion Pictures, has been reportedly made at a budget of Rs.17 crore .
- Irom Sharmila calling off her fast against the AFSPA reflects the state’s failure to engage
- Strengthen Centre-state relations by giving the Inter-State Council teeth
- The Patel agitation and Dalit unrest threaten BJP’s dominance in Gujarat
- The CAMPA Bill: Whose forests are these anyway?
- Arundhati Ghose will be remembered for her role in India’s nuclear diplomacy
- Nativist sentiments and a growing tendency towards looking inwards imperil globalisation