'Chashme Baddoor' collects Rs 19 cr in opening weekend
- BJP party of fake Ram bhakts, will contest all seats in ’17, says Shiv Sena
- To speed up infra projects, stay out of wildlife clearance, Govt tells SC
- PM woos German investors, promises stable environment
- Koraput lynching: Only 6 policemen to control armed mob of ‘200 villagers’
- It's Official: Hillary Clinton to kick off White house bid
Director David Dhawan's comeback movie Chashme Baddoor has kicked off to a good start at the box office.
The movie has youngsters Ali Zafar, Siddharth, Divyendu Sharma Siddharth and marks the Bollywood debut of southern actress Taapsee.
The movie, which is the official remake of the 1983 film of the same name directed by Sai Paranjpaee, earned Rs 19 crore in its opening weekend.
Trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted the figures. "#ChashmeBaddoor collected approx Rs 19.20 cr nett in its opening weekend. Breakup: Fri 5.18 cr, Sat 6.27 cr, Sun *estimates* 7.75 cr. Fab!"
He also wrote: "#ChashmeBaddoor passes 'Monday test'. Getting reports from various circuits that Mon has begun on a super note. Better than Fri morn shows!"
The movie managed to collect Rs 5 crore on the opening day and since then has seen an upswing in the collection.
"#ChashmeBaddoor *actuals* Fri 5.18 cr, Sat 6.27. Total: Rs 11.45 cr. Excellent!," Taran Adarsh tweeted earlier.
Chashme Baddoor, produced by Viacom 18 Motion Pictures, has been reportedly made at a budget of Rs.17 crore .
Besides ali Zafar, Divyendu, Tapsee and Sidharth, the new Chashme Baddoor also has Rishi Kapoor and Lillette Dubey.