'Chashme Baddoor' collects Rs 19 cr in opening weekend
- EC bans Amit shah, Azam Khan from holding public rallies after hate speech
- Congress complains to EC on Narendra Modi's marital status issue, seeks action for 'hiding facts'
- Rahul Gandhi brings up Narendra Modi's marital status at Doda rally
- PMO attacks Sanjaya Baru on his book
- April 11 Campaign roundup: Why should I condemn it, asks Deve Gowda on Mulayam Singh's 'rape' remark
Director David Dhawan's comeback movie Chashme Baddoor has kicked off to a good start at the box office.
The movie has youngsters Ali Zafar, Siddharth, Divyendu Sharma Siddharth and marks the Bollywood debut of southern actress Taapsee.
The movie, which is the official remake of the 1983 film of the same name directed by Sai Paranjpaee, earned Rs 19 crore in its opening weekend.
Trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted the figures. "#ChashmeBaddoor collected approx Rs 19.20 cr nett in its opening weekend. Breakup: Fri 5.18 cr, Sat 6.27 cr, Sun *estimates* 7.75 cr. Fab!"
He also wrote: "#ChashmeBaddoor passes 'Monday test'. Getting reports from various circuits that Mon has begun on a super note. Better than Fri morn shows!"
The movie managed to collect Rs 5 crore on the opening day and since then has seen an upswing in the collection.
"#ChashmeBaddoor *actuals* Fri 5.18 cr, Sat 6.27. Total: Rs 11.45 cr. Excellent!," Taran Adarsh tweeted earlier.
Chashme Baddoor, produced by Viacom 18 Motion Pictures, has been reportedly made at a budget of Rs.17 crore .
Besides ali Zafar, Divyendu, Tapsee and Sidharth, the new Chashme Baddoor also has Rishi Kapoor and Lillette Dubey.
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit
- How can Modi honour women if he can’t mention his wife, asks Rahul