‘CM misguiding people’
- Zero-tolerance towards communal violence, must act: Centre to states
- Varanasi: Violence breaks out during protest march, vehicles set ablaze
- Germany our natural partner, says Modi after meeting Merkel; 18 MoUs inked to boost trade
- Why the BJP finds itself in a spot before Gujarat local body polls
- Supreme Court suspends beef ban in Jammu & Kashmir for two months
All India Congress Committee Vichar Vibhag (Intellectual Cell) president Girija Vyas on Tuesday alleged that Chief Minister Narendra Modi was misguiding people on the pretext of "Vibrant Gujarat".
Addressing reporters, the Chittorgarh MP said there were two Gujarats - "real" and "farce", and Modi was propagating the "farce" one and hiding the "reality" from the people. She said Gujarat had achieved 17 per cent annual growth in late 1980s and early 1990s when the Congress was in power, but it came down to seven per cent during BJP and Modi's rule.
She said the Modi government had been able to complete hardly 25 per cent of the Narmada canal network in 11 years of its rule and claimed there was no industrial and agriculture growth in the state. She said that the canals
and dams claimed to have been built under the Sujlam-suflam scheme were nowhere visible. "Where has the money spent under this scheme gone?" she said.