‘CM misguiding people’
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
All India Congress Committee Vichar Vibhag (Intellectual Cell) president Girija Vyas on Tuesday alleged that Chief Minister Narendra Modi was misguiding people on the pretext of "Vibrant Gujarat".
Addressing reporters, the Chittorgarh MP said there were two Gujarats - "real" and "farce", and Modi was propagating the "farce" one and hiding the "reality" from the people. She said Gujarat had achieved 17 per cent annual growth in late 1980s and early 1990s when the Congress was in power, but it came down to seven per cent during BJP and Modi's rule.
She said the Modi government had been able to complete hardly 25 per cent of the Narmada canal network in 11 years of its rule and claimed there was no industrial and agriculture growth in the state. She said that the canals
and dams claimed to have been built under the Sujlam-suflam scheme were nowhere visible. "Where has the money spent under this scheme gone?" she said.