‘Communal’ speech: court order on bail pleas on November 7
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The additional district and sessions court on Saturday heard the anticipatory bail pleas of three Muslim leaders in connection with an alleged inflammatory speech made by them at a Congress rally in Tadkeshwar village of Surat district on October 21 and reserved the order for November 7.
The court has also asked for a video-recording of the meeting to be submitted before it.
A police complaint was filed against state Congress core committee member Kadir Pirzada, religious leader Maulana Faiyaz Latoori and the programme's organiser and district Congress vice-president Maksud Kazi by poll officials for violation of model code of conduct ahead of the Assembly polls.
The three had subsequently applied for anticipatory bail.