‘Couldn’t stand people cheering for GTA built on my husband’s body’
- Sahara chief Subrata Roy sent to police custody till March 4
- Congress core group meets today over anti-graft ordinances pushed by Rahul
- Chhattisgarh: Six policemen killed in Naxal ambush
- IPL betting probe: Senior Tamil Nadu cop suspended for violation of 'conduct rules'
- Govt hikes DA by 10% for 80 lakh employees & pensioners
Bharti Tamang and her party — ABGL — decided to boycott the GTA election after the name of Dipen Maley, one of the prime accused in the Madan Tamang murder case was announced as a candidate for the GTA election. Maley was arrested by the CBI and he is at present in judicial custody. However, Maley was today seen on the stage swearing-in as a member of GTA.
According to sources in GJM ranks, Maley was shifted to a hospital few days ago as he is suffering from diabetes. However, today he walked onto the stage confidently and was greeted by GJM president Bimal Gurung.
- Love and thereabouts
- Youth Akali Dal leaders open fire in front of Akali leader’s home, 3 hurt
- Raarewala market: Shopkeepers threaten LS election boycott; Ayali, mayor swing into action
- Techie murder: 2 months on, cops land in UP on wild goose chase, lens on taxi, auto drivers
- Deoband cleric declares support for Narendra Modi
- Row in British parliament complex over Narendra Modi’s past