‘Couldn’t stand people cheering for GTA built on my husband’s body’
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Narendra Modi slams Jayanti Natarajan; polling underway in 12 states
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Elections 2014 Phase 5: The five big battles
Bharti Tamang and her party — ABGL — decided to boycott the GTA election after the name of Dipen Maley, one of the prime accused in the Madan Tamang murder case was announced as a candidate for the GTA election. Maley was arrested by the CBI and he is at present in judicial custody. However, Maley was today seen on the stage swearing-in as a member of GTA.
According to sources in GJM ranks, Maley was shifted to a hospital few days ago as he is suffering from diabetes. However, today he walked onto the stage confidently and was greeted by GJM president Bimal Gurung.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18