‘Couldn’t stand people cheering for GTA built on my husband’s body’
- Zero-tolerance towards communal violence, must act: Centre to states
- Varanasi: Violence breaks out during protest march, vehicles set ablaze
- Germany our natural partner, says Modi after meeting Merkel; 18 MoUs inked to boost trade
- Why the BJP finds itself in a spot before Gujarat local body polls
- Supreme Court suspends beef ban in Jammu & Kashmir for two months
Bharti Tamang and her party — ABGL — decided to boycott the GTA election after the name of Dipen Maley, one of the prime accused in the Madan Tamang murder case was announced as a candidate for the GTA election. Maley was arrested by the CBI and he is at present in judicial custody. However, Maley was today seen on the stage swearing-in as a member of GTA.