‘Demise of Claudius irreparable loss to sports world’
- Election LIVE: BJP's third candidate list out, Ram Kripal to contest from Patliputra against Lalu's daughter
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi High Court upholds death to four convicts
- India joins global search to locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane
- Shiv Sena hits out at BJP, asks it to follow "alliance dharma"
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee expressed grief at the death of hockey legend Leslie Claudius saying it was an irreparable loss to the sports world. "I express my deep condolence at the death of the legendary hockey player Leslie Claudius. His demise is an irreparable loss in the sports world," Banerjee said. Stating that this year the state government had honoured him with the Banga Vibhushan award, she said the memories of his deep connection with Kolkata would remain in the mind.