‘Demise of Claudius irreparable loss to sports world’
- Highest earners in 75% rural households earned below Rs 5K: SECC
- Ex-RAW chief's revelation: Congress seeks PM's apology for Gujarat riots
- Hema Malini's car accident: Victim's family upset with BJP MP
- Kandahar operation: BJP dismisses ex-RAW chief's claims of 'goof-up'
- Gujarat HC dismisses petition against PM Narendra Modi for filing defective affidavit
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee expressed grief at the death of hockey legend Leslie Claudius saying it was an irreparable loss to the sports world. "I express my deep condolence at the death of the legendary hockey player Leslie Claudius. His demise is an irreparable loss in the sports world," Banerjee said. Stating that this year the state government had honoured him with the Banga Vibhushan award, she said the memories of his deep connection with Kolkata would remain in the mind.