‘Depressed’ Badaun S-I shoots self
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- GMR pilots skip medical tests before flying Rahul Gandhi, to be grounded
- Supreme Court recognises third gender, glimmer of hope for gays
- Karnataka: At least six burnt to death, 12 injured as bus catches fire
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Sonia to address rally in Telangana; Smriti Irani to file nomination shortly
Sub-inspector Balveer Singh allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself with his service revolver in Budaun on Saturday.
Singh, who was in-charge of Myaon police outpost in Budaun, was staying in a rented house. The house is located some distance away from the police outpost.
No suicide note has been found. The police said, Singh (54), was under depression.
On Saturday morning, when Singh did not report at the outpost, a constable went to his residence. He made several knocks on the door which was locked from inside. When the constable did not get any reply, he informed senior police officials who rushed to the place. Through a window officials saw Singh lying on floor with blood oozing out from his head.
Station Officer, Alapur police station, Dev Raj Rathi said they first informed about the incident to Singh's relative staying in Budaun. "The door was opened in the presence of Singh's relative to avoid any controversy", the SO said. Singh's family, settled in Etah, has been informed about the death and they have reached Budaun.