‘Depressed’ Badaun S-I shoots self
- A person killing people with Quran in his hand is not Muslim, but a terrorist: Aamir Khan at #RNGAwards
- Dubai shuts down part of metro's green line over large fire
- Oceans, cyberworld should not become new theatres of contests: PM Modi
- Financial transactions motive behind Sheena's murder, CBI tells court
- J&K: Army jawan, three terrorists killed in separate encounters
Sub-inspector Balveer Singh allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself with his service revolver in Budaun on Saturday.
Singh, who was in-charge of Myaon police outpost in Budaun, was staying in a rented house. The house is located some distance away from the police outpost.
No suicide note has been found. The police said, Singh (54), was under depression.
On Saturday morning, when Singh did not report at the outpost, a constable went to his residence. He made several knocks on the door which was locked from inside. When the constable did not get any reply, he informed senior police officials who rushed to the place. Through a window officials saw Singh lying on floor with blood oozing out from his head.
- Open channels of communication are vital for democracy and governance
- Slogans should be backed with appropriate strategies, else they remain showbiz
- Ideas seem to be the BJP’s enemy, whether from within or from without
- No country is ready to send boots on the ground, thus ensuring the survival of the IS
- Bad monsoon memories
- Across the aisle: A flat growth rate indicates India's economy is in poor shape