‘Depressed’ Badaun S-I shoots self
- Zero-tolerance towards communal violence, must act: Centre to states
- Varanasi: Violence breaks out during protest march, vehicles set ablaze
- Germany our natural partner, says Modi after meeting Merkel; 18 MoUs inked to boost trade
- Why the BJP finds itself in a spot before Gujarat local body polls
- Supreme Court suspends beef ban in Jammu & Kashmir for two months
Sub-inspector Balveer Singh allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself with his service revolver in Budaun on Saturday.
Singh, who was in-charge of Myaon police outpost in Budaun, was staying in a rented house. The house is located some distance away from the police outpost.
No suicide note has been found. The police said, Singh (54), was under depression.
On Saturday morning, when Singh did not report at the outpost, a constable went to his residence. He made several knocks on the door which was locked from inside. When the constable did not get any reply, he informed senior police officials who rushed to the place. Through a window officials saw Singh lying on floor with blood oozing out from his head.