‘Eligible’ girls protest ‘arbitrary’ selection of beneficiaries
- Telangana: Five alleged SIMI activists shot dead on way to court
- LIVE Andhra Pradesh: At least 20 killed as police open fire on smugglers
- RBI Governor Rajan keeps policy rate unchanged on fears of food inflation
- Cleaning dirty mouths of BJP leaders: Sena to PM
- SC refers pleas challenging validity of NJAC to constitution bench
In fact, protests had been going on for the past three days in some districts. On Saturday, girls had blocked the Rampur-Shahabad road by forming a human chain. SDM Ram Sewak Dwivedi had to assure the girls that the list will be prepared fairly and every eligible girl will be accommodated. Protests were also held in Bilaspur, Tanda and Milak areas of Rampur.
At Sambhal, protesting girls damaged the hoardings of Minister of State Iqbal Mehmood. In Amroha, they blocked the national highway. In Moradabad, the girls laid seize to the office of the district inspector of schools. Everywhere, the complaint was the same - arbitrary selection of beneficiaries. In Bijnore, however, the girls were also upset over the district administration order, prohibiting girls from wearing black clothes during the function.