‘Eligible’ girls protest ‘arbitrary’ selection of beneficiaries
- Manohar Parrikar sticks to stand, warns of action against Coast Guard officer
- Coast Guard DIG on video: Blow the Pak boat off, we don’t want to serve them biryani
- Clean chit to AAP: Nothing wrong with foreign funding, Centre tells HC
- Fake encounter case: D G Vanzara walks free; says "Acche Din" have arrived
- Defence is at heart of Make in India programme, says PM Modi at Bangalore Aero show
In fact, protests had been going on for the past three days in some districts. On Saturday, girls had blocked the Rampur-Shahabad road by forming a human chain. SDM Ram Sewak Dwivedi had to assure the girls that the list will be prepared fairly and every eligible girl will be accommodated. Protests were also held in Bilaspur, Tanda and Milak areas of Rampur.
At Sambhal, protesting girls damaged the hoardings of Minister of State Iqbal Mehmood. In Amroha, they blocked the national highway. In Moradabad, the girls laid seize to the office of the district inspector of schools. Everywhere, the complaint was the same - arbitrary selection of beneficiaries. In Bijnore, however, the girls were also upset over the district administration order, prohibiting girls from wearing black clothes during the function.