“Every piece of Indigo’s communication is quirky”
- Navjot Sidhu: Quit RS because I was told to stay away from Punjab
- Chinkara poaching case: Salman Khan acquitted by Rajasthan High Court
- SC issues notice to Vijay Mallya on bank plea seeking contempt proceedings
- Journalists' visa issue: Chinese media warns India of repercussions
- Parliament LIVE: Speaker Mahajan advises Mann not to attend proceedings till decision arrived at
Talking about the Zovi film, he says, "Zovi takes the whole check box TVC production to a new level. Cute girls, check. Chocolate hero, check. Comparison, check. Transformation, check. Clever word play, check. Plug-in website, check. Wide range, check. Even for horizontally endowed, check. Return policy, check. Hand cursor cliche to cue online, check. Zovi, I'm sorry."
My first ad
Ramachandran's first ever ad was a promo for a soap brand in 2003. Talking about his experience, he says, "It began with grand plans and I went to the extent of devising a new rig to get the effect I wanted. The director listened patiently to my breathless narration and ambitious vision, and told me and my writer Vishnu that the difference between vision and delusion is money and told us not too kindly to get real. So we got real and the end product was a mediocre looking promo. I suppose it taught us something with the words "means", "living" and "within" in the same sentence, but damned if I remember what."
Sham Ramachandran kicked of his advertising career in 1999 with Network Advertising. After this, he moved to FCB-Ulka (now Draftfcb+Ulka) in 2001. He then moved to Grey India in 2003 and has been with it since then. He is currently based out of the agency's Bangalore office as ECD and VP of Grey Bangalore and Chennai.
His portfolio includes brands such as Britannia, Dell, Aircel, Java Green, Spencer's, Kiwi, ITC Foods, Deccan Cargo and Express Logistics, Wockhardt, Post-it Notes and Scotch Tape, to name a few.
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food
- Turkey’s coup reveals the fragile relationship between Islam and democracy
- The Sangh Parivar has furthered the colonial understanding of India’s past
- Better state support and supportive social environment can help independent filmmakers
- Next Door Nepal: Chinese checkers
- Kashmir unrest: A to-do list for PM Modi