'Fast & Furious' actor Paul Walker dies in car crash at 40
- Kejriwal's detention in Modi land sparks violent clashes between BJP, AAP in three states
- India goes to poll in 9 phases from April 7 to May 12; vote count on May 16
- Mumbai dailies laud Kamat, he denies he paid for the ânewsâ
- Congress bends, âopen to TRS allianceâ
- Didi lists out celebs, nephew and statistics
Paul Walker, the star of the 'Fast & Furious' movie series, died Saturday in a car crash that killed two people north of Los Angeles, his publicist said. He was 40.
Walker died Saturday afternoon, Ame Van Iden told the Associated Press.
A statement on the actor's Facebook page said he was a passenger in a friend's car, and that Walker was in the area to attend a charity event for his organization Reach Out Worldwide.
"We ... are stunned and saddened beyond belief by this news,'' the statement said.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff's department said that deputies found a car engulfed in flames when they responded to a report of a collision in the community of Valencia. Two people who were found in the car were pronounced dead at the scene.
The Santa Clarita Signal reports a red Porsche crashed into a light pole and tree and burst into flames.
Walker was working on 'Fast & Furious 7' at the time of his death. He also starred in the suspense drama, 'Hours',which is set for release this month.
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students
- Ecclestone rules out Indian GP in 2015
- Captain Vidic abandons sinking ship at Manchester United, to sign for Inter Milan