‘Fiance killed MBA student for old love’
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Priyanka Veniram, the MBA student whose body was found in a sewer near Nirma University on October 24, was murdered by her fiance Mahendra Sadhu, the police claimed on Friday, adding the suspect had confessed to the killing since he did not want to marry her and wanted to reunite with his old love instead.
According to police, Sadhu, a civil engineering student at the L J Institute of Engineering and son of Chandu Sadhu, former President of Chandlodia Nagarpalika, was in love with his former classmate when he was in Class XII. Later, they broke off after which the girl left for Dubai to live with her parents. Sadhu, in the meantime, got engaged to Priyanka in April, 2009 as their families knew each other well.
About a month ago, Sadhu once again got in touch with his old love, who had come to Gujarat during Navaratri, said police. It seems Sadhu changed his mind and he no more wanted to marry Priyanka, they said, adding he along with his college friend Hardik Gohel hatched the plan to kill Priyanka. The police said they have recovered the car, cushion and sedatives used in the crime. According to them, Sadhu had admitted that he and his friend had purchased a cushion, some bottled water and some sedatives from the National Handloom near Vyaswadi area of Ahmedabad on October 21 while they were waiting for Priyanka to return from the college. They picked up Priyanka from Agarwal Mall at Sola, where she usually parked her vehicle to commute in the college bus. Sadhu told her that they would go for a drive and he would drop her in a few hours.
Priyanka called her brother around 5.30 pm, telling him she would be late to home as she was studying in the college library.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express