‘Gangrape’ victim dies
- A person killing people with Quran in his hand is not Muslim, but a terrorist: Aamir Khan at #RNGAwards
- Dubai shuts down part of metro's green line over large fire
- Oceans, cyberworld should not become new theatres of contests: PM Modi
- Financial transactions motive behind Sheena's murder, CBI tells court
- J&K: Army jawan, three terrorists killed in separate encounters
An alleged gangrape victim, who attempted suicide by setting herself ablaze at her house in Deoria on January 23, died at the BRD Medical College in Gorakhpur on Saturday evening.
The police said the woman took the extreme step as she was upset over the incident.
The 24-year-old victim, who had sustained more than 80 per cent burns, was shifted from Deoria district hospital to Gorakhpur after her condition deteriorated. On Saturday evening, she died at the hospital.
Inspector Suraj Pal Singh of Kotwali police station said all five accused in the case had been arrested. The woman had been staying with her father, G Rajbhar, in Deoria for the last two years after a marital dispute.
Rajbhar stated in the FIR that on January 23 when his daughter was returning home after visiting a friend in a nearby village, Bablu of the same village stopped her and forcibly dragged her to his house, which is in an isolated spot. He was accompanied by his three associates Balwant, Gulel and Chhathhu. The accused detained the girl for over two hours and raped her.
- Frequent promulgation of ordinances has more to do with managerial ethos
- Indian peacekeeping abroad: Samantha Power shows some deft diplomacy
- The needs of the time shape the character of the myth- Tipu Sultan
- Raja-Mandala: Japan’s counter to China’s silk road
- It started with Perumal
- Open channels of communication are vital for democracy and governance