‘Gender sensitivity is a matter of life and death... all of us are accountable’
- In Delhi, Hardik Patel says he will take movement across country
- Bihar: BJP hits back, says it was not a Swabhiman rally but Apman rally
- Hindu women should never marry outside community: Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti
- Ready to amend Land Acquisition Act, ordinance will lapse tomorrow: PM
- Sheena murder case: Suitcase seized, accused taken to Raigad forest to 'recreate' crime scene
What we cannot afford to assume is, one, that gender sensitivity is not a matter of life and death, for we know that it is; and, two, that the problem is so immense that we can't make a difference. We can, and we must. All of us are accountable.
Nandana Sen, an actor, writer and child-rights activist, is ambassador for the children's NGO Operation Smile and cause ambassador for RAHI, an organisation that works with survivors of child sexual abuse. Edited excerpts from a talk at the Call to Action Summit for Child Survival and Development, organised by the Ministry of Health, USAID, and UNICEF, February 7-9, in Chennai