‘Give Ambedkar status equal to Mahatma Gandhi’
- Ghulam Ali's concert in Mumbai cancelled after Shiv Sena's threat
- PM Modi a sensitive person, don't judge him on social media posts: BJP on Dadri lynching
- Why President Mukherjee hit the right notes on core values of 'diversity', 'plurality' and 'tolerance'
- Barack Obama apologises for air strike on Kunduz hospital: White House
- Commercial vehicles entering Delhi to pay environmental tax: NGT
Members of the Doctor Ambedkar Prinivaran Bhoomi Sanman Committee on Monday said his memorial should be maintained in a similar way as Mahatma Gandhi's memorial was being maintained.
Chairman of this committee C S Atwal, who is also Punjab Assembly Speaker, said, "We will be holding a rally in Delhi on December 6 in this connection."
He said the NDA government had purchased 1.5 acre land for the memorial with a cost of Rs 16 crore in New Delhi, but the memorial did not have proper upkeep. Dr Ambedkar's contributions could not be ignored for society at large, so he also deserved the same status as Mahatma Gandhi had been given.