‘Goondaism’ in Bengal: Governor
- GMR pilots skip medical tests before flying Rahul Gandhi, to be grounded
- Supreme Court recognises third gender, glimmer of hope for gays
- Karnataka: At least six burnt to death, 12 injured as bus catches fire
- Train derails in Assam, at least 50 passengers injured
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Sonia Gandhi to address first poll rally in Telangana today
Putting the Mamata Banerjee government in a tight spot, Governor M K Narayan on Wednesday said "goondaism" was taking place in the state, when asked to comment on the recent clash between Trinamool and CPM cadres.
"This has nothing to do with political culture. I think some sort of goondaism is going on here," he told mediapersons here after inaugurating a function of the Kolkata Literary Festival. "The last two-three days have been very disturbing and distressing. This violence should not have taken place ... This is not acceptable," he added.
He also said police have to be impartial while probing the case. "There is clear evidence against the guilty," Narayanan said.