‘Goondaism’ in Bengal: Governor
- What signal is Obama administration sending by selling more F-16 fighter jets to Pakistan?
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurates 'Make in India Week' in Mumbai
- JNU student leader held on ‘sedition’ charges over Afzal Guru event
- JNU arrests over Afzal Guru event are ill-judged, threatens basic rights
- Live updates from the David Headley deposition before Mumbai court
Putting the Mamata Banerjee government in a tight spot, Governor M K Narayan on Wednesday said "goondaism" was taking place in the state, when asked to comment on the recent clash between Trinamool and CPM cadres.
"This has nothing to do with political culture. I think some sort of goondaism is going on here," he told mediapersons here after inaugurating a function of the Kolkata Literary Festival. "The last two-three days have been very disturbing and distressing. This violence should not have taken place ... This is not acceptable," he added.