‘Harassed’, girl commits suicide
- Rs 870 crore money trail: Why the Bhujbals are under scanner
- SC allows 'Make in India' event at Mumbai beach, PM to inaugurate
- Pawar defends Bhujbals, says Fadnavis govt indulging in vendetta politics
- Anupam Kher a great artiste, welcome to visit Pakistan: Abdul Basit
- Indian helicopters helped war against militants in Afghanistan: US General
A 17-year-old girl from Hargobind Nagar died after consuming acid on Friday.
Shabnam had consumed acid on Thursday and was rushed to Dayanand Medical College and Hospital.
Kundan, a shopkeeper, his father Somnath and brother have been booked by the police from division number 4. Booked under Section 306 of the IPC for abetment to suicide, all three accused are absconding.
Mohammad Hamid, father of the deceased, said Kundan ran a small-time grocery store in the locality and used to tease and harass his daughter. Humiliated by the taunts and remarks of the accused, she took the extreme step of committing suicide.
After the victim's death, her family and relatives got angry and the situation became tense. ADCP (city-1) Nilambri Jagdale, ACP (north) J Elanchezhian and SHO, police station, Division Number 4, Inspector Vinod Kumar rushed to the spot.
Inspector Kumar said following a complaint filed by the father of the deceased, the police registered a case.
- Outcome on Section 377 will depend on composition of the Constitution bench
- Inadequate staff, payment delays undermine MGNREGA in drought-hit Mahabubnagar
- ICDS, the primary scheme targeting malnutrition, needs to be broadened
- Rohith's death must focus attention on the rites of exclusion in the university
- Telescope: State in the bedroom
- The economy is best served by lowering interest rates and blocking protectionism