‘Harassed’, girl commits suicide
- In Textiles Ministry, a tussle brews between Smriti Irani and Secretary
- VK Singh tried to deny me promotion via false charges, malafide intent: Army Chief Dalbir Singh
- Rio Olympics: Sakshi Malik wins bronze in women's wrestling 58kg category, opens India's account
- PM Modi, Amit Shah lay foundation stone for new BJP headquarters in New Delhi
- CRPF says it has fired over 3000 pellet cartridges in Kashmir since July 8
A 17-year-old girl from Hargobind Nagar died after consuming acid on Friday.
Shabnam had consumed acid on Thursday and was rushed to Dayanand Medical College and Hospital.
Kundan, a shopkeeper, his father Somnath and brother have been booked by the police from division number 4. Booked under Section 306 of the IPC for abetment to suicide, all three accused are absconding.
Mohammad Hamid, father of the deceased, said Kundan ran a small-time grocery store in the locality and used to tease and harass his daughter. Humiliated by the taunts and remarks of the accused, she took the extreme step of committing suicide.
After the victim's death, her family and relatives got angry and the situation became tense. ADCP (city-1) Nilambri Jagdale, ACP (north) J Elanchezhian and SHO, police station, Division Number 4, Inspector Vinod Kumar rushed to the spot.
Inspector Kumar said following a complaint filed by the father of the deceased, the police registered a case.
- Playing the Baloch card: We have acknowledged that India, Pakistan are deeply hyphenated
- Sharmila is the doer who breaks a grand vow to protect the greater common good
- Seventy years later, the sedition law is cramping all our freedoms
- Prepaid electricity in Manipur reduces power theft; improves supply
- Prime Minister’s I-Day speech was a spectacle that didn’t hold together
- Linking PoK with Balochistan could undermine India’s high moral ground vis a vis Pakistan