‘Harassed’, girl commits suicide
- Missing Malaysian jetliner: Plane's disappearance deliberate, says Malaysian PM
- Eyes on UP prize, Narendra Modi set for Varanasi
- Arrest warrant issued against Devyani Khobragade in US visa fraud case
- Unfazed, Arvind Kejriwal fires yet another salvo at media
- CRPF says police stalled its plan, may have averted Maoist ambush
A 17-year-old girl from Hargobind Nagar died after consuming acid on Friday.
Shabnam had consumed acid on Thursday and was rushed to Dayanand Medical College and Hospital.
Kundan, a shopkeeper, his father Somnath and brother have been booked by the police from division number 4. Booked under Section 306 of the IPC for abetment to suicide, all three accused are absconding.
Mohammad Hamid, father of the deceased, said Kundan ran a small-time grocery store in the locality and used to tease and harass his daughter. Humiliated by the taunts and remarks of the accused, she took the extreme step of committing suicide.
After the victim's death, her family and relatives got angry and the situation became tense. ADCP (city-1) Nilambri Jagdale, ACP (north) J Elanchezhian and SHO, police station, Division Number 4, Inspector Vinod Kumar rushed to the spot.
Inspector Kumar said following a complaint filed by the father of the deceased, the police registered a case.
However, Kundan's mother had another story to tell. She alleged that the girl was in love with a youth who used to come to their shop. She handed over a letter to Kundan for her boyfriend. Kundan's father came to know about the matter and he talked to the girl's father. The girl's father scolded her, so she consumed acid, the mother said.
- BJP projected to sweep Gujarat, Rajasthan, Karnataka; Congress to get big jolt in Maharashtra
- Editors body slams Arvind Kejriwal for ‘irresponsible’ media remark, says it is a sign of ‘weakness’
- Trouble in alliance with Congress, TRS turns to BJP
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy