‘Haryana ahead of Gujarat in every field’
- Election LIVE: Will Kejriwal take on Modi? Announcement likely at Bangalore rally today
- Missing flight MH370: Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Aam Aadmi Party fundraiser collects Rs 50 lakh, Arvind Kejriwal quizzed about attack on media
- The trophy state: Behind Mizoram's clean sweep lies an extraordinary league
- Manish Tewari unlikely to contest Lok Sabha polls
Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Sunday said he would visit Gujarat on December 10 to apprise its people about the "tremendous development" made by his state.
Hooda, who will address public meetings in Surat during the visit, said in an official release, "Haryana is ahead of Gujarat in every sphere." "It is evident from the statistics that Haryana is far ahead of Gujarat in terms of per capita plan budget, old age allowance, widow pension, pension to the physically challenged, Shagun Yojna, pension given to the freedom fighters and per capita income," Hooda said.
He said Haryana's per capita plan budget is Rs 10,446, whereas it is Rs 8,380 in Gujarat. The state is providing Rs 500, Rs 550 and Rs 700 as monthly old age allowance to more than 12 lakh senior citizens whereas Gujarat, which is three times bigger than Haryana, is providing monthly pension of Rs 300-400 to 7,21,000 senior citizen beneficiaries, he claimed.