‘Haven’t got any reward for my best spells’
- Naxal threat has to be quashed with a firm hand, says Pranab, as Maoists kill 16 in Chhattisgarh ambush
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to the west coast
- AAP defends Rs 20,000 per person dinner with Kejriwal, says it was transparent
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
Even as the English batsmen seem certain to grind India out of the game, off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin remains confident that the home side would be able to force victory. Ashwin was also defensive about his own bowling claiming his form (he has 13 wickets this series at an average of over 50) was simply bad luck.
On India's prospects.
Strange things have happened. We are not trying to be too optimistic, but we have done it before in India and we can take six or seven wickets in a session. It's just about trying to get a couple of wickets in the morning. We have bowled well today. We are pushing for a win — nothing got out of hand and we just have to stick to it, try to see if we can squeeze in a couple of wickets early morning
On his own bowling
I cannot say that I am happy with the performance because the team hasn't won at the end of the day. It's not that I have picked up wickets and won that I am satisfied. There is always scope for improvement. There have been patches in this series that I have bowled really well. One of my best spells didn't get rewarded. That happens in Test cricket,
On the lack of urgency shown
We had to just wipe out the lead, eat as much into the lead as possible so that whatever they score after that it becomes an even game. Looking for the last two balls for the fielders to come in, but they had a different strategy. They didn't bring the fielders up. After two overs we decided to take the singles. You don't have the best of ability at 9, 10, 11. You can't expect someone to smack Anderson over the top for a six on this pitch. All this game the average has been 70 and 80 runs a session. We were just looking to eat into the lead. Putting it into a larger scenario, we needed to even the game. We just about did it.
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express