‘Haven’t got file seeking inquiry against Bhujbal’
- ASEAN Summit: PM Modi meets Chinese counterpart; discusses bilateral ties
- Congress 'anti-national', party should be 'derecognised': Sukhbir Badal
- Tejaswi Yadav takes on critics, says don't judge a book by its cover
- Sheena Bora murder case: Charges against Peter Mukerjea outrageous, says son Rahul Mukerjea
- AAP sends invite to dissident Shanti Bhushan for NC meet
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan said he had not received any file regarding allegations against PWD minister Chhagan Bhujbal from the Home Department seeking permission for an "open inquiry". He said he had made remarks based on media reports regarding permission given by the department.
Maharashtra Anti-Corruption Bureau wrote to the Home Department seeking permission to conduct an open inquiry over allegations made by BJP leader Kirit Somaiya. Somaiya had alleged fraud by firms owned by Bhujbal associates in getting contracts to build the new Maharashtra Sadan building in New Delhi.