‘Heartless’ Sonia Gandhi cruel to poor, says Narendra Modi
- Hunt on for Malaysian Airlines: Stolen passports, missing debris fuels fears of foul play
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
- Rs 25,000 cr: CAG sees biggest ever J&K land scam
- UP BJP wants tickets for four riot-accused MLAs
- Haryana, Gujarat top industry-friendly states, Maharashtra among bottom five
Continuing his attack on Congress chief Sonia Gandhi, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi has described her as a "heartless mother" for failing to express grief for the poor, hit hard by rising prices.
"Madam Soniaji ek vaar to vedana na be shabd vyakt karo, tame to maa chho... aa kevi nirdayta (Madam Soniaji you are a mother, express a few words of grief at least once... what kind of cruelty is this)?" Modi said, addressing a public meeting at Sanand on Tuesday.
Modi accused the Congress of failing to control inflation, the party's campaign promise in 2009. He added that due to inflation the poor are finding it difficult to make ends meet.
Modi reiterated how he has changed the fate of once nondescript town Sanand into a land of car manufacturing. Calling himself a "CM who works like a labourer", he pleaded for another five years while promising to bring more development to Sanand.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress