‘Heartless’ Sonia Gandhi cruel to poor, says Narendra Modi
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
Continuing his attack on Congress chief Sonia Gandhi, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi has described her as a "heartless mother" for failing to express grief for the poor, hit hard by rising prices.
"Madam Soniaji ek vaar to vedana na be shabd vyakt karo, tame to maa chho... aa kevi nirdayta (Madam Soniaji you are a mother, express a few words of grief at least once... what kind of cruelty is this)?" Modi said, addressing a public meeting at Sanand on Tuesday.
Modi accused the Congress of failing to control inflation, the party's campaign promise in 2009. He added that due to inflation the poor are finding it difficult to make ends meet.
Modi reiterated how he has changed the fate of once nondescript town Sanand into a land of car manufacturing. Calling himself a "CM who works like a labourer", he pleaded for another five years while promising to bring more development to Sanand.