‘I showed restraint throughout’
- Malaysia Airlines plane may have turned back before vanishing, says Air force chief
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress
- Varanasi seat row: RSS worried but believes BJP will solve it
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Venkaiah Naidu
Navjot Singh Sidhu dismisses claims that he quit Bigg Boss under BJP pressure
He was the most promising entertainer on Bigg Boss Season 6, but then, just like that, Navjot Singh Sidhu quit the show on Friday. The official explanation claims that the move comes after Bharatiya Janata Party chief Nitin Gadkari wanted the cricketer-turned-MP campaign for the party in the state. "It was the call of duty; the best way to leave the house, I suppose," said Sidhu, en route home from the Bigg Boss house.
However, the buzz is that the call indeed came from the party, but the real reason was Sidhu's behaviour on the show and the possibility that it would tarnish BJP's image. On the show, he admitted to have cheated in a cricket match and his proximity to hair stylist Sapna Bhavnani would not reflect well on the party, ahead of elections. "My behaviour was that of restraint throughout. I did what no contestant could; I did not break and become bitter in the absence of life crutches such as communication devices," he says. Talking about his blow-hot-blow-cold relationship with Bhavnani, the cricket commentator said he managed to melt her animosity and the two only hugged and made up. "Why would BJP find anything objectionable about my behaviour? In fact, it is Delnaz Paul I was most close to. She is a fighter and dignified, just like me," he said.