‘I will work till I am 80’
- Not RSSâs job to chant âNamo, Namoâ, canât cross limits: Bhagwat
- Malaysia Airlines flight case: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
With Aamir Khan paired opposite her after six years (after Mangal Pandey: The Rising), the audience is waiting to see their chemistry on the screen once again. "There is a lot of comfort between us. But then, there will always be a student-teacher relationship. No matter how much I gossip with him or fuss around him as a friend, on the set, I always behave myself because I am working with Aamir Khan," she says. Mukerji also reminisces about the time they did Ghulam together.
Mukerji has always been know for her versatility. But this realisation to do varied and substantial roles came around the time she did Kunal Kohli's Mujhse Dosti Karoge. "I took an eight month-sabbatical then. The first movie I signed after that was Saathiya. It was then that I realised that there is more beyond just earning bread and butter for your family," she recalls.
While there is one life in front of the camera, Mukerji makes sure she has another one behind it too. This can be seen in the way she spends time with her family and friends or even takes time out to do up her home or office. "There is a life that we live, which is also as important as what we do in our profession. If I am always surrounded by film people, I can't grow as a person," she says.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress