‘If normal classes are taken carefully, there is no need for extra classes’
- Elections 2014 LIVE: 60 pc voting in Bengal till 1 pm; Jaitley slams Rahul over 'ullu' barb
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Is there a vikas vote? Healthier babies make not a whimper on campaign pitch in Hazaribagh
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
Please tell us a bit about the history of your school.
The school was started in 1982. This was a barren area and very sparsely populated. Hence, there was no good school nearby. The residents joined hands and requested Jnana Prabodhini director to open a school. At first, only pre-primary and primary classes were held there and it was called Nava Nagar Vidyalaya. The main aim of the school has been to develop leadership qualities in the students. The school believes in Swami Vivekananda's policy of 'man making' education for nation building. All-round development, which includes physical, mental, spiritual, intellectual and scientific development of our students, is our main aim.
Tell me about the academic performance of the school.
The academic performance of the school has always been good. For the past 30 years, we have had a pass percentage of above 95 per cent. Last year, we had a pass percentage of 98 per cent. The top scorer in Class X secured 94.5 per cent. But unlike other schools, we don't hold any special classes after school hours even for Class X students. We believe and make sure that whatever is taught in class during regular hours is extensive in that particular topic and is also understood by each and every student. If normal classes are carefully taken, there is no need for extra classes. This also gives more time to students to take part in extra-curricular activities.
Sports are given a lot of importance in your school. Can you tell us more about that?
Yes, we have regular sports periods in the daily schedule of the school. Apart from that, for students who have an interest or have extra talent in sports, we have a dedicated sports academy called Kridakul. Every day, we have allotted two hours each in the morning (7-9 am) and evening (5-7 pm) hours for students to spend in Kridakul. We have individual coaches for all sports who specialise in scientific training of the students. We also have teachers for sports medicine and psycho analysis. Our sports teachers were also sent to Olympics last time to learn the various techniques used by sportsmen all over the world and apply them here.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18