‘If normal classes are taken carefully, there is no need for extra classes’
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police, agrees to hear Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- India does not need a govt that makes Hindus fight Muslims: Rahul
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Pt Channulal Mishra backs Modi but Bismillah's family won't
How important is moral education?
We give a lot of importance to moral education. We have one-hour mediation session for all students once a week. We also discuss various national and socially relevant issues with our students and hear out their opinion. Only when discussions are held can we understand the root cause of various problems. Plus, it also helps them know various views on the same subject. We make students take resolutions and support them in keeping them true till the end of the year. This boosts their self-confidence. For students of Class VIII, we also have special orientation programmes as that is the time when a lot of physical and mental changes happen in students. We conduct a series of lectures for the students to understand what is wrong and what is right. We also help them make up their mind as to what to do in future for themselves, for their families and their country. This kind of talk makes them feel responsible and help them pursue their dreams. Whenever our alumni visit us, they always say this is one programme that they loved the most in school as it helped them get a clear picture of what they wanted to do with their future early in life.
What other activities does the school undertake?
Whenever there have been natural calamities, our team has gone and helped the affected people. After Latur earthquake, we went and helped them and ultimately also started a school there. Forty acres of barren land was converted into a fruit orchard by the efforts of both teachers and students. We don't believe in just sending money. We believe in going to the spot and helping them physically. We also take our students to trips across the nation. This helps them understand how diverse the country is and also gives them an understanding of various people and their problems.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota