‘In nine days, India to be officially polio-free’
- Operations at Delhi's IGI airport resume after radioactive material leak
- Lives on the Line: Almost every village on the LoC has a shelling story
- India at world's centre stage but current growth rate is not enough: Arun Jaitley
- With family blessing, girl fasts for 68 days, dies; Jains outraged
- Donald Trump’s 2005 lewd video leaves US in shock, Republicans too say ‘withdraw’
"India is just nine days away from reaching a milestone that will officially certify the country as "polio-free", said Union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad on Saturday, addressing the valedictory session of a global healthcare summit organised by American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin (AAPI) in Ahmedabad. "When I took over as the health minister in 2009, India had 50 per cent of the polio burden of the world. Today, we are just nine days away from having an India that has been polio-free for three years," he said.