‘Integrity doubtful’, so Namdhari sacked from minority panel
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Sukhdev Singh Namdhari was removed from the post of chairman of Uttarakhand Minorities Commission on Tuesday. The state government asked him to step down in the wake of the shootout at Ponty Chadha's Chhattarpur farmhouse, to which Namdhari was an eyewitness. His securityman, Sachin Tyagi, had also opened fire during the shootout.
Uttarakhand government said Namdhari was removed in "public interest" after his integrity was found "questionable/doubtful".
"The chairman of Uttarakhand Minorities Commission Sukhdev Singh Namdhari has been removed from his post with immediate effect in public interest after his integrity became/found questionable/doubtful)," said a release issued in the name of Secretary of the Minority (Welfare), M H Khan, by the state's PR department on Tuesday.
According to Khan, there are 14 cases registered against Namdhari in the state. Of these, two criminal cases — dacoity and attempt to murder — are still pending in the court, the release said.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express