‘Intel-sharing biggest lesson learnt from 26/11’
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day, halfway mark crossed
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- April 17 poll roundup: Rajnath says only Modi will be PM; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs RCB: Yuvraj, Kohli power RCB to thumping win
Coordinated intelligence and intelligence sharing are the biggest lessons learnt from 26-11, said Brigadier Pawan Bajaj, the commander of the Aundh-based Shivneri Brigade. Bajaj was speaking on the sidelines of a media visit to the Aundh military station. He also elaborated on the Army's efforts towards modernisation and training advancements that follow alongside modernisation.
Bajaj, in his briefing, highlighted the role of the Indian Army and its contribution towards nation building. He also focused on the Indian Army's operational preparedness and contribution in providing relief and succour to citizens during natural disasters like tsunami, earthquakes and floods.
Under the aegis of the Southern Command, a visit for 150 schoolchildren and approximately 150 NCC Cadets to the Shivneri Brigade at Aundh Military Station was also organised on Saturday. "The visit was organised with an aim to provide them an overview of the various facets of military life at Pune. The visit gave the attendees an excellent exposure to various training facilities of the military, including a weapon display and a visit to a Maratha Battalion and culminated in a demonstration on various training and battle drills," said a press release issued by Press information Bureau, Defence Wing.
The interactions were followed by training demonstrations by the army men followed by an overview of the various activities and camps organised by the brigade.
- Ready for elections: Parties
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs