‘Investigating officer, SI misbehaved with gangrape victim, took 6 hours to register FIR’
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Somnath Bharti thrashed by alleged BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR field, Southee makes his IPL debut against CSK
Harassment faced by the 17-year-old who was allegedly gang-raped by five UT Police constables escalated after she approached the UT police to lodge a complaint. Police officers including the investigating officer allegedly misbehaved with the victim and took nearly six hours to register the minor's complaint.
Unfolding the sequence of events while lodging an FIR, Saurabh Joshi, the area councilor whom the victim's family had approached for help said that the IO, sub-inspector Usha Rani questioned the victim in front of the accused.
"While the accused were sitting comfortably in the DSP's office, the victim and her brother were made to sit in a corner", Joshi said.
Joshi said that after the IO came to know that the accused were police personnel, she left the room where the victim was sitting with her brother and his friend to make a call. "When the IO left, the accused pressurised the victim to take back her complaint. It was sheer carelessness of the IO to leave a gangrape victim alone", Joshi said.
Following this, Joshi claims to have called the deputy superintendent of police (Central), Ashish Kapoor who then called the IO and asked her to lodge a complaint.
"I left the police station after DSP Kapoor called the IO assuming that the victim will not face any more . However, when I returned after two hours, I was informed that the police officers pressurised the victim to marry one of the accused, Sunil", Joshi said.
After Joshi left the police station, he claims that police officers including the IO made up a story that the victim had a relationship with the accused.
"Police officers were trying to mallaign the character of a Class X child. The victim was made to sit in the DSP's office where all the accused were sitting. She was questioned by the IO in front of the accused. I then informed the DSP that how can she be questioned in front of those who have committed the crime," Joshi said.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'