‘ISI agent’ sent to Sabarmati jail
- Highest earners in 75% rural households earned below Rs 5K: SECC
- Ex-RAW chief's revelation: Congress seeks PM's apology for Gujarat riots
- Hema Malini's car accident: Victim's family upset with BJP MP
- Kandahar operation: BJP dismisses ex-RAW chief's claims of 'goof-up'
- Gujarat HC dismisses petition against PM Narendra Modi for filing defective affidavit
The alleged ISI operative who was recently picked up the city police from Jodhpur in Rajasthan was sent to Sabarmati Central Jail after his remand with the Detection of Crime Branch (Ahmedabad) ended on Monday.
Naushad Ali Maksud Ali (23) of Jodhpur was allegedly spying for Pakistan's ISI for the last few months.
He was mainly using social networking site Facebook to receive and send information.
According to case details, Naushad was trained to collect and send information from Jodhpur that has a base of the IAF and the BSF.
Naushad was among the four alleged ISI agents arrested by the city police.
The other three are Idris Pinjara from Jamnagar and Sirajuddin Fakir and Mohd Ayub from Ahmedabad.