‘ISI agent’ sent to Sabarmati jail
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
The alleged ISI operative who was recently picked up the city police from Jodhpur in Rajasthan was sent to Sabarmati Central Jail after his remand with the Detection of Crime Branch (Ahmedabad) ended on Monday.
Naushad Ali Maksud Ali (23) of Jodhpur was allegedly spying for Pakistan's ISI for the last few months.
He was mainly using social networking site Facebook to receive and send information.
According to case details, Naushad was trained to collect and send information from Jodhpur that has a base of the IAF and the BSF.
Naushad was among the four alleged ISI agents arrested by the city police.
The other three are Idris Pinjara from Jamnagar and Sirajuddin Fakir and Mohd Ayub from Ahmedabad.