‘Jail Dept officials who participated in Operation X to be honoured’
- India's future cannot exist without the future of Kashmir: Rajnath Singh
- Will appoint nodal officer to help Kashmiri youth across the country: Rajnath Singh in Srinagar
- Dec 16 Delhi gangrape case: Convict attempts suicide inside Tihar Jail, rushed to hospital
- Earthquake in Italy kills 247, toll may rise as rescuers continue hunt for survivors
- Rahul Gandhi twisting statement, must show generosity, apologise: RSS
Praising the work done by Jail Department officials in implementing Operation-X under which 26/11 attacker Ajmal Kasab was executed, Home Minister R R Patil said on Friday that Jail Department officials who were part of the operation will be honoured. He also said two women officers — Medha Gadgil and Meeran Borwankar — who were responsible for carrying out the operation have shown that like Goddess Durga, women officers are quite capable of eradicating evil forces.
Speaking at the valedictory function of annual Police Duty Meet in Pune, Patil said, "Today I feel proud while I praise Jail Department officilas who carried out Kasab's execution very swiftly while maintaining complete confidentiality. The responsibility of successfully carrying out the operation was on two women officers, Principal Secretary Medha Gadgil and Additional IG (Prison) Meeran Borwankar. Both my sisters have done their job with impeccable finesse and utmost professionalism. They have also proved to the world that like Goddess Durga, Indian women are capable of eradicating evil forces that are proliferating fast," said Patil.
- Pakistan army has a battle to win: The corruption within
- Anger of Irom Sharmila’s supporters should not be dismissed as selfishness or cynicism
- You keep the cow’s tail: A post card from Una, Gujarat, August 15
- History shows why Balochistan is not an internal matter of Pakistan
- The use of technology will be key to making GST a success
- Sedition law cannot be used against honest views, expressed peacefully