‘Jail Dept officials who participated in Operation X to be honoured’
- One year of AAP sarkar: Kejriwal announces cleaner water, better healthcare facilities
- JNU row: Meet the family of Kanhaiya who is a ‘danger to Mother India’
- Great as FM, reforms stopped after Manmohan Singh became PM: Jaitley
- Dial Kejriwal: Delhi Cabinet to take your calls today, 11 am onwards
- Sunanda Pushkar death probe: Tharoor questioned by Delhi Police for 5 hours
Praising the work done by Jail Department officials in implementing Operation-X under which 26/11 attacker Ajmal Kasab was executed, Home Minister R R Patil said on Friday that Jail Department officials who were part of the operation will be honoured. He also said two women officers — Medha Gadgil and Meeran Borwankar — who were responsible for carrying out the operation have shown that like Goddess Durga, women officers are quite capable of eradicating evil forces.
Speaking at the valedictory function of annual Police Duty Meet in Pune, Patil said, "Today I feel proud while I praise Jail Department officilas who carried out Kasab's execution very swiftly while maintaining complete confidentiality. The responsibility of successfully carrying out the operation was on two women officers, Principal Secretary Medha Gadgil and Additional IG (Prison) Meeran Borwankar. Both my sisters have done their job with impeccable finesse and utmost professionalism. They have also proved to the world that like Goddess Durga, Indian women are capable of eradicating evil forces that are proliferating fast," said Patil.