‘Kanda tried to get Geetika back from Dubai to sexually exploit her’
- Highest earners in 75% rural households earned below Rs 5K: SECC
- Ex-RAW chief's revelation: Congress seeks PM's apology for Gujarat riots
- Hema Malini's car accident: Victim's family upset with BJP MP
- Kandahar operation: BJP dismisses ex-RAW chief's claims of 'goof-up'
- Gujarat HC dismisses petition against PM Narendra Modi for filing defective affidavit
The Delhi Police told a court here, which is hearing the Geetika suicide case, that a probe showed that former Haryana minister Gopal Kanda tried to get back airhostess Geetika Sharma from Emirates Airlines with the ulterior motive of sexually exploiting her.
In a supplementary chargesheet submitted on Tuesday against Chanshivroop Singh, an aide of Kanda, before the court of Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate D K Jangala, the police said: "The facts emerged against Chanshivroop during further investigation. Kanda and (his aide Aruna) Chadha tried to get back Geetika from Emirates Airlines with the ulterior motive of sexually exploiting her... When Geetika refused to come back to India and join MDLR Airlines (floated by Kanda), Kanda used other nefarious tactics to mount pressure on her."
"Kanda and Chadha appointed Chanshivroop Singh as assistant HR Manager in MDLR group with the sole objective of ensuring that Geetika remained under the control of Kanda," it said.