‘Kashif had gone to offer prayers at mosque when he was picked up’
- India goes to poll in 9 phases from April 7 to May 12; vote count on May 16
- Sheila Dikshit appointed Kerala Governor; Congress-RJD pact likely today
- You told us go to hell, says Supreme Court, sends Subrata Roy to jail
- For âcheeringâ Pakistan in India match, university in Meerut suspends 67 Kashmiri students
- Attacker, victim: 2 faces of Gujarat riots come together for âHindu-Muslimâ unity
Family members of Sayyed Arif alias Kashif Sayyed Zafruddin Biyabani (32) of Aurangabad, the third suspect arrested by the ATS in the J M Road case, said Kashif had gone to offer prayers at a nearby mosque when he was picked up. Speaking to reporters at their Ganesh Colony house in Aurangabad city, a family member who opened the door said Kashif had no role to play in any of the crimes and that he was innocent. Kashif is a final year student of a law college in Aurangabad and his elder brother is a lawyer. ATS said his another brother was an accused in the Aurangabad arms seizure case.