’Left’s scheme for political sufferers withdrawn’
- Coal scam: Ex-PM Manmohan Singh summoned as accused in Hindalco case
- Supreme Court hands out life term to six convicts in Manjunath murder case
- AAP Delhi MLAs write letter seeking expulsion of Yadav, Bhushan: Reports
- Land to Mines to coal, Oppn stands stall in RS
- BJP line to restive RSS: our ministers may quit if PDP doesn’t behave
The state government has withdrawn the financial assistance to political sufferers scheme as it was introduced by the Left Front to provide money to CPM cadres, state Industry Minister Partha chatterjee said on Monday. The decision was taken by the state Cabinet on Saturday. The Left Front leaders have condemned the decision. Responding to the Left Front's reaction, Chatterjee said, "What does Biman Bose want? Does he want the scheme to be continued in a state which is struggling hard to execute development projects because of paucity of fund?" Chatterjee asked. He said the scheme was reviewed before being withdrawn. Almost half of the beneficiaries were found fake and there have been so trace of more than 3,000 beneficiaries, he said. More than 55,000 cadres of anti-CPM parties were killed in 34-years of Left rule. Is it justified for introducing a scheme to provide financial aid to their relatives?" he asked.