‘Made in India’ smartphones to make 47 pct of the total sales in 2014
- Not RSSâ job to chant âNamo, Namoâ, canât cross limits for BJP: Mohan Bhagwat
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
According to a report titled Market Vision 2014 for Telecommunications in India by Cyber Media Research, Indian mobile brands are going to make a mark in the local smartphones market by acquiring nearly 47% share of the total sales.
With such tremendous growth and success witnessed by these brands in the local market, 2014 will be the time to look at newer geographies including MENA, Latin America and the SAARC region for the home grown vendors. CMR expects 3-4 such brands looking for new geographic markets.
While Chinese ODM's (Original design manufacturers have started taking a direct OEM route towards India Smartphone market, CMR expects around 10 Chinese ODMs entering into Indian mobile market in the year. ahead. The reports also finds that LTE enabled smartphone releases are likely to be one of key priority areas of the vendors.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express