‘Made in India’ smartphones to make 47 pct of the total sales in 2014
- Rahul Gandhi 'happy' with Varun Gandhi's 'good work' praise; BJP leader clarifies it's no endorsement for Cong
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Imran Masood released on bail; Mamata to woo voters through letters
- Nitish Katara murder case: Delhi HC upholds life sentence of Vikas Yadav, two others; calls it honour killing
- Snooping row: HC rejects Pradeep Sharma's plea to file FIR against Narendra Modi
- Sonia's assets worth over Rs.9 crore, has given a loan of Rs. 9 lakh to Rahul
According to a report titled Market Vision 2014 for Telecommunications in India by Cyber Media Research, Indian mobile brands are going to make a mark in the local smartphones market by acquiring nearly 47% share of the total sales.
With such tremendous growth and success witnessed by these brands in the local market, 2014 will be the time to look at newer geographies including MENA, Latin America and the SAARC region for the home grown vendors. CMR expects 3-4 such brands looking for new geographic markets.
While Chinese ODM's (Original design manufacturers have started taking a direct OEM route towards India Smartphone market, CMR expects around 10 Chinese ODMs entering into Indian mobile market in the year. ahead. The reports also finds that LTE enabled smartphone releases are likely to be one of key priority areas of the vendors.
- ‘Fake’ MBA admission: Iranian girl untraceable as cops busy with polls
- To avoid election duty, teachers flock to doctors to get medical certificates
- Arun Bhatia hopes to get third time lucky
- Congress complains against Narendra Modi for poll code violation
- Flying squads deployed to check flow of liquor and gifts yet to spot offenders
- Flaunt the indelible ink on your finger, and get freebies