‘Maoist leader’ arrested
- Disquiet in BJP as M M Joshi, Sushma raise questions
- Nandan Nilekani, Mohammad Kaif in Congressâs first list for 194 seats
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Naidu
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Kejriwal joins list of VIPs with âZâ category security
Jhargram: A suspected Maoist leader was arrested during raids by security forces in West Midnapore district on Sunday. "Acting on a tip-off, Maoist squad member Saheb Ram Soren was arrested from his village at Shingpur in Binpur police station. He has been absconding and was wanted in several cases of murder, conspiracy and sedition," said SDPO Santosh Mondal. He would be produced before Jhargram SDJM court on Monday.
Jhargram: The security forces recovered 18 challenger mines from a jungle near Chotojharia in Gopiballavpur of West Midnapore district on Sunday. The the raid was conducted after specific information about two Maoist groups having entered from neighbouring Jharkhand, police said.