‘Modi a rat compared to Sardar Patel’
- India, Ireland share much in common, says Modi before leaving for US
- Volkswagen CEO Martin Winterkorn resigns amid emissions-rigging scandal
- Hardik Patel surfaces after mysterious disappearance, says he was abducted
- 2006 Mumbai train blasts: Prosecution seeks death penalty for 8 convicts
- Backward class candidates get lion's share in Nitish Kumar's list
Congress MP Hussain Dalwai, who is a Rajya Sabha member from Maharashtra, on Saturday compared Chief Minister Narendra Modi to a rat.
Addressing a rally here that new I&B Minister Manish Tewari failed to attend as scheduled, Dalwai said there was no comparison between Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel and Modi.
"While Sardar Patel united the nation, Modi is simply trying to divide people on communal lines," Dalwai said. Mocking Modi for his alleged attempt to project himself as "chhote Sardar", Dalwai said, "But you are like a rat compared to Sardar."
Dalwai also accused Modi of financing the Rashtriya Swayam Sevak (RSS).