‘Modi a rat compared to Sardar Patel’
- BJP hits back at Rahul's '56-inch-chest' remark on Modi, says he is a 'baby in diapers'
- After border tension, India and Pakistan involved in 'visa war'
- After expelling us, 'hypocrite' Kejriwal wants us back: Prashant Bhushan
- In Jammu, PM Narendra Modi disapproves of political untouchability
- Veteran communist leader K R Gouri to return to CPI(M) 21 years after expulsion
Congress MP Hussain Dalwai, who is a Rajya Sabha member from Maharashtra, on Saturday compared Chief Minister Narendra Modi to a rat.
Addressing a rally here that new I&B Minister Manish Tewari failed to attend as scheduled, Dalwai said there was no comparison between Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel and Modi.
"While Sardar Patel united the nation, Modi is simply trying to divide people on communal lines," Dalwai said. Mocking Modi for his alleged attempt to project himself as "chhote Sardar", Dalwai said, "But you are like a rat compared to Sardar."
Dalwai also accused Modi of financing the Rashtriya Swayam Sevak (RSS).