‘Modi is CM, can’t compare him with animal’
- Not RSSâ job to chant âNamo, Namoâ, canât cross limits for BJP: Mohan Bhagwat
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
Facing strong criticism from the BJP, state Congress president Arjun Modhwadia on Friday denied that he compared Chief Minister Narendra Modi to a monkey.
"It is wrong to say that I likened chief minister to a monkey. Modi is chief minister of Gujarat. Every CM is honourable for me and hence, we cannot compare him with an animal," Modhwadia told mediapersons at the state party headquarters.
The Congress leader clarified even as he tweeted and termed monkey as "doot (messenger) of Lord Rama", on Friday. "Surpsd the way BJP is crying hoarse over monkey tale. When ppl call Modi lion they feel proud, but Monkey, doot of Lord Rama is insulting2 BJP," he had tweeted.
The Congress leader attacked Modi and said he had only stated that Modi never talked about his achievements in 11 years in the Assembly. And during his Vivekanand Yuva Yatra, Modi never even talked about Vivekanand.
Vadodara BJP MP files complaint against Modhwadia
Vadodara: Vadodara MP Balkrishna Shukla Friday lodged a complaint against Arjun Modhwadia before the district election officer alleging he had made objectionable remarks against CM Narendra Modi and promised sops to voters during a public rally in Vadodara recently. Shukla said Modhwadia had promised to provide affordable houses and laptops, which was a violation of the model code of conduct. Also, his remarks likening Modi to a monkey was a violation of the MCC, he said. District election officer and collector Vinod Rao said, "We are looking into the complaint and will file a report to the chief election officer."
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress