‘Modi, RSS painting me as anti-Hindu’
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
- Uttar Pradesh BJP wants tickets for four riot-accused MLAs
- Haryana, Gujarat top industry-friendly states, Maharashtra among bottom five
Congress leader Digvijaya Singh, who has often been accused of playing to the gallery on minority issues, on Tuesday accused Narendra Modi, RSS and BJP of spreading "blatant lies" and painting him as "anti Hindu".
Maintaining that he is a "good practising Hindu", the Congress general secretary said it was his duty to stand up to all "falsehood the Sanghis and their paid professionals are spreading" against Muslims, Christians and other minority groups.
"BJP's Hindutva has nothing to do with religion but a ploy to dupe unsuspecting Hindus..... A good Hindu would always respect all other religions unlike the Sangh brigade," he said in his blog.
Singh said that that he prays every day for half an hour and was given dikhsa by Shankaracharya of Dwarka and Joshi Math and that there are nine temples at his residence at Raghogarh in Madhya Pradesh, where pooja is performed every day.
"Would all those who believe I am anti-Hindu please take note of this ?... Or do they know a more devout Hindu in BJP and RSS? If they do I would like to meet him," he said in the blog while giving a number of references to his association with the Hindu Sanatan Dharma.
"I have the rare privilege to be the most abused person on social media by the sanghis and the paid professionals hired by Modi operating from sanskar dham in Manipur Sanand near Ahmedabad. I have been called Dogvijaya Singh some time Pigvijaya Singh by the above mentioned 'gang' who would probably be younger than my grandchildren!
"Some time I am supposed to have converted to Islam and some time to Christianity. Blatant lies which the sanghis are taught to spread during their training as their Pracharaks. But I don't blame them or their parents but blame the sanskar imbibed in them at sanskar dham or at RSS shakhas," Singh said.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress