‘Modi, RSS painting me as anti-Hindu’
- Siachen avalanche: Lance Naik Hanamanthappa passes away three days after miraculous rescue
- Dr RK Pachauri goes on leave as TERI Chancellor, won't attend March 7 convocation
- Ishrat Jahan's mother on Headley deposition: Ploy by those guilty to salvage their names
- Write-offs a scam, small loans rarely in it, says former RBI Deputy Governor
- David Headley received money from ISI, LeT and Dr Rana
Congress leader Digvijaya Singh, who has often been accused of playing to the gallery on minority issues, on Tuesday accused Narendra Modi, RSS and BJP of spreading "blatant lies" and painting him as "anti Hindu".
Maintaining that he is a "good practising Hindu", the Congress general secretary said it was his duty to stand up to all "falsehood the Sanghis and their paid professionals are spreading" against Muslims, Christians and other minority groups.
"BJP's Hindutva has nothing to do with religion but a ploy to dupe unsuspecting Hindus..... A good Hindu would always respect all other religions unlike the Sangh brigade," he said in his blog.
Singh said that that he prays every day for half an hour and was given dikhsa by Shankaracharya of Dwarka and Joshi Math and that there are nine temples at his residence at Raghogarh in Madhya Pradesh, where pooja is performed every day.
"Would all those who believe I am anti-Hindu please take note of this ?... Or do they know a more devout Hindu in BJP and RSS? If they do I would like to meet him," he said in the blog while giving a number of references to his association with the Hindu Sanatan Dharma.
"I have the rare privilege to be the most abused person on social media by the sanghis and the paid professionals hired by Modi operating from sanskar dham in Manipur Sanand near Ahmedabad. I have been called Dogvijaya Singh some time Pigvijaya Singh by the above mentioned 'gang' who would probably be younger than my grandchildren!