‘Modi, RSS painting me as anti-Hindu’
- My dream of winning a medal at Rio has been cruelly snatched away from me: Narsingh Yadav
- India draws clear red lines for Pakistan, 5-point agenda for talks
- Sidhu didn't put any pre-condition, he needs time to think: Arvind Kejriwal
- Getting better by the game, PV Sindhu goes for gold at Rio 2016 today
- Gopalganj hooch tragedy: 25 policemen suspended, six people arrested
Congress leader Digvijaya Singh, who has often been accused of playing to the gallery on minority issues, on Tuesday accused Narendra Modi, RSS and BJP of spreading "blatant lies" and painting him as "anti Hindu".
Maintaining that he is a "good practising Hindu", the Congress general secretary said it was his duty to stand up to all "falsehood the Sanghis and their paid professionals are spreading" against Muslims, Christians and other minority groups.
"BJP's Hindutva has nothing to do with religion but a ploy to dupe unsuspecting Hindus..... A good Hindu would always respect all other religions unlike the Sangh brigade," he said in his blog.
Singh said that that he prays every day for half an hour and was given dikhsa by Shankaracharya of Dwarka and Joshi Math and that there are nine temples at his residence at Raghogarh in Madhya Pradesh, where pooja is performed every day.
"Would all those who believe I am anti-Hindu please take note of this ?... Or do they know a more devout Hindu in BJP and RSS? If they do I would like to meet him," he said in the blog while giving a number of references to his association with the Hindu Sanatan Dharma.
"I have the rare privilege to be the most abused person on social media by the sanghis and the paid professionals hired by Modi operating from sanskar dham in Manipur Sanand near Ahmedabad. I have been called Dogvijaya Singh some time Pigvijaya Singh by the above mentioned 'gang' who would probably be younger than my grandchildren!
- There are systemic flaws and vulnerabilities. But India is on the right path
- Wrestlers lose face, and perhaps an Olympic medal, and NADA its credibility
- In the I-Day speeches of PMs of India & Pak, blame-games that paper over hard realities
- Swarajya to su-rajya
- Instead of waiting for talent to appear, we must create a national sports culture
- We need to think creatively about the proposed defence university