‘Modi’s letter on Sir Creek can be taken to EC’
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- Modi's jibe at Mulayam: âBalaatkariyon ke liye Netaji ka mann ekdum mulayam haiâ
- Malaysian Airlines MH370: 4 questions about missing plane answered
- After denying a 'Modi wave', Joshi endorses Modi as India's next PM
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, RCB vs MI: MI off to shaky start against RCB, lose Hussey early
External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid Thursday questioned the timing of Narendra Modi's letter to the Prime Minister on Sir Creek issue saying the Chief Minister has raised the matter at the time of elections, and indicated the government could take it up with the Election Commission.
"When we take some good decisions (increasing cap on LPG cylinder from six to nine) we are told you can't take these decisions. But someone writes a letter that is related to international relations during the elections. It's really for us to consider through appropriate organisation, including Election Commission, as what are the permissible limit of the issue that can be raised," he told reporters on the sidelines of CII-MEA energy seminar here.
Taking a dig at Modi, he said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has written back to him. "I think he finds time to read that letter while he is busy campaigning," Khurshid said.