‘Night of lights’ held for child empowerment
- Govt will not allow any religious group to incite hatred, says PM Modi
- Miraculous escape for Air India plane with 194 on board
- Sahara moves SC for extension of facilities to Roy in jail
- Eight killed in blast outside police complex in Pakistan
- World Cup 2015: Supreme Court asks Prasar Bharti to examine feasibility of a new channel
AISEC, an international students' organisation, in association with Hot Breads and Yellow Chillies on Sunday started an awareness drive for child empowerment.
The event was called 'night of lights' in which AISEC's Ludhiana unit set up a stall outside Yellow Chillies where sky lanterns were sold at Rs 300 each and the money raised would be used for the next event of AISEC, Bal Kalakar, on January 8.
Abhishek Negi, a local committee worker of AISEC, said, "During Bal Kalakaar, we will be organising painting and dancing competitions for kids from poor families, and the prize winners will be given scholarships by Sangeet Dance Academy."