‘Night of lights’ held for child empowerment
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
AISEC, an international students' organisation, in association with Hot Breads and Yellow Chillies on Sunday started an awareness drive for child empowerment.
The event was called 'night of lights' in which AISEC's Ludhiana unit set up a stall outside Yellow Chillies where sky lanterns were sold at Rs 300 each and the money raised would be used for the next event of AISEC, Bal Kalakar, on January 8.
Abhishek Negi, a local committee worker of AISEC, said, "During Bal Kalakaar, we will be organising painting and dancing competitions for kids from poor families, and the prize winners will be given scholarships by Sangeet Dance Academy."