‘Not receiving help from Mamata for health projects’
- Rahul on leave before budget session, BJP says people have already sent Cong on long leave
- 21 more deaths due to swine flu, toll reaches 833
- Anna protests against Land Acquisition Bill in Delhi, lashes out at Modi govt
- Budget: Finance Minister may announce policy plans to combat blackmoney
- Land Acquisition Act "suitably refined": President Pranab Mukherjee
Senior Congress leader and Union minister Abu Hasan Khan Chowdhury on Thursday said that he was not receiving any help from Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee for carrying out development projects in the state. "After I became Union minister, I wrote to Mamata Banerjee asking for appointment as I wanted to discuss with her many development projects in the state like setting up of an AIIMS type hospital...But I did not receive any reply from her, he said at a public meeting here. "I had asked the chief minister to forget political differences for the sake of the development of the state. If we forget our political differences then we could do a lot of development work, but she has not replied to my letters," he added.