‘Open Noida Central Park to public’
- Live, Ind vs Aus: Quick strikes put India on top
- Bengal nun gangrape: First arrest made from Mumbai
- Germanwings crash: Chilling report says one pilot left cockpit, was unable to return
- If anything that is defamatory goes off, we will have a very boring Internet: Jaitley
- Hooda govt bent rules to favour Robert Vadra firm: CAG
UP Legislative Council Chairman Ganesh Shankar Pandey on Thursday asked the state government to ensure opening of the Central Park in Noida for general public if it had been dedicated to people formally in the past.
The chairman gave the direction after BSP member Mahesh Arya said the park had been dedicated to the public around one year back but remained closed. Arya said that tourists from across the world had recently visited Noida to watch Formula-1 race and many were interested to visit the park but it was closed. He said that closure of the park was causing the government loss of revenue.
Leader of the House Ahmed Hasan said that when the BSP government had dedicated the park to public, it should also have opened the park for public. Leader of Opposition Naseemuddin Siddiqui said that the park was closed for public under the present government. Hasan denied the allegation, but said he will get the matter examined.